Re: More OtR Poetry

> Jeff,
>
> Thanks for the great OtR timeline.  If I hadn't been disturbed by the
> terrible thudding of the cats in the other room, I would still be
> drifting through the pages.  It's such a melancholy feeling.
> Remembering all those good times past.  I believe we can say that the
> good ol' days have come and gone.

	Well Mark, thank you.  You are too kind.  However, I'd both
agree with you and disagree with you that the good ol' days are gone.

> I don't know quite how to put it, but looking back through that
> timeline, it just becmomes painfully apparent that the band has slowly
> backed away from the fans (for whatever reasons--and I know there are
> numerous ones).  I find myself  smiling as I read through the
> newsletters, and setlists/reviews.  It's such a good feeling.  It's one

	While I agree with you that the band is definitely more distant
from their fans now, I'm not sure that's the way they _like_ it.  Linford
ponders a lot of this in the 3rd Northern Spy and if you read between the
lines, you can tell he's not altogether happy with the way things are, but
he also muses if the distance is neccessary.

	However, with a record label deal comes stability, and that's what
this band may need really soon.  Riding in a tour bus beats the heck out of
driving a van across the country to each performance.  Also, a record label
might help push some of those new songs out onto a CD.  Perhaps with a little
more of the work taken up by a label, we might see some more ramblin's from
Linford.  With all of the touring, demoing, and self-advertising, I'd imagine
the whole band is worn out right now!  After the start of the New Year, we'll
probably start to see things move again.

	Jeff
	http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gt5276b/otrhine

Follow-Ups: References: