Re: More OtR Poetry

Jeff,

Thanks for the great OtR timeline.  If I hadn't been disturbed by the
terrible thudding of the cats in the other room, I would still be
drifting through the pages.  It's such a melancholy feeling.
Remembering all those good times past.  I believe we can say that the
good ol' days have come and gone.

I don't know quite how to put it, but looking back through that
timeline, it just becmomes painfully apparent that the band has slowly
backed away from the fans (for whatever reasons--and I know there are
numerous ones).  I find myself  smiling as I read through the
newsletters, and setlists/reviews.  It's such a good feeling.  It's one
that seems so far away right now.  Could we have experienced any more
joy along the way?  Could we be any more grateful to this one band?  I,
for one, can't answer.  The emotions are way too high.  It's the
intangibles that carry such weight--for me.  The way I look at those
woodcuts on Patience.  The feeling in my chest when I hear that bass in
Bothered.  Remembering how I felt the first time I saw Karin in
person--she just brushed past me, a stranger in a crowd.  A stranger
that I knew vicariously.  My how different things are now.

Mark   --who is secretly longing for a "slow song mix"

"tonight, crazy thoughts goin' through my head,
the photograph still sitting on the table by my bed--
so many years have gone by, it's all unkind.
yours is the only body I want next to mine..."
                                              --Karin Bergquist

Follow-Ups: References: