Re: T.V. Glorifin' :)

---"ope s. yinger" <sheepfrogs at juno_com> wrote:

> That Linford quote sounded like he is searching for truth, but doesn't
> want to find it. 'Cause where's the fun once the journey is over? It
> seems he is more into the journey of truth then wanting to find it. He
> says the it's a struggle for him to express his faith. I don't know
> whether he means in songwriting or in living, but he best way to
express
> faith in living is to obey God through good and bad times.

well, speaking for myself as a songwriter, i, too, am on a constant
journey to find truth. but i know how difficult that road is for me as
i try to keep focused in this crazy world. shoot, there are times i
don't even *want* to know what the truth is. (the joys of pride) i can
relate exactly to what Linford is saying by strugling to express
faith.  faith is extremely personal, but faith isn't always easy,
either. i usually find my way back with a tiny flashlight and the
smallest hope. it is not easy to express my faith in songwriting
because there are so many facets to it that i fear i can never do it
justice... and there are so many times i feel like my faith (or lack
thereof) isn't even worth the slightest form of expression.
songwriters are tempermental people, for the most part (anyone care to
back me up on this?) and expression of *anything* doesn't always come
easy!

bink