Re: T.V. Glorifyin'

especially liked "Dusty's" reply.  Excellent point, my friend. -m-

  Some of what "Dusty" said:

>It seems to me that whether or not Mark McEwan, CBS, or Over the >Rhine
for that matter *meant* to glorify God is irrelevant.  Just the >simple
fact that God exists means that he will always be glorified in >both big
and small ways both by believers and non-believers.  If God >wants a
message out there, it will be out there.

                     *   *    *    *
> So just because OtR or a certain song doesn't fit nicely into the
>molds we've created doesn't matter much.  God says that if we (his
>followers) don't praise him, then the rocks on the ground will.

>The bottom line is that God is everywhere.  He is evidenced in the
>trees, the sky, the air we breathe and even our complex bodies.
>Everything of beauty and wonder that most of us take for granted >(me
included) was created by God.  So just because someone >misses the
message in a song that was initially a prayer to God >doesn't mean much
to me.  People have been missing His messages >for centuries.  But, the
fact that the messages are out there is good >enough.  It's amazing what
can be seen (and heard) if we just take >the time to notice.