Re: found somethin' cool (Christian content & OtR)

Zena Neds-Fox wrote:

i praise god that such
> an intelligent song has been written and that they glorified him
> on national tv in this day and age.  god has brought this about
> for them, because they are faithful to their creator.  very cool.

then davec at pads_com sayeth:

 >I doubt that Mark McEwan and/or CBS
>conciously "allowed" a song to be played which "glorifies" God.

>I don't mean to bash that at all. I
>just think that most people watching CBS yesterday only saw a new >band
>with a great sound.

But you know what? That's just as awesome. Come on, even if Over The
Rhine *were* really a "Christian band", it's not the wisest thing to say
"OK this song really glorifies God, let's play it on national TV so
everyone can say 'Hey look at that nice Christian band'". The fact that
they have a great sound and intelligent lyrics is all they really need
to acquire fans, and if those fans find a message in their songs worth
taking home, whether it has anything to do with God or not,then the band
has reached them and that, I presume, is what they're making music for.
To reach people. :) Sorry just had to spend my allotment of  $0.02!

ciaofornow,
        jillian <><
Joshua 1:9