T.V. Glorifyin'

> Zena Neds-Fox wrote:
> >
> > hey i'm reading hebrews right now and i just found this verse...
> >
> > 2:6 ~
> >
> > ...What is man that you are mindful of him,
> > the son of man that you care for him?
> > You made him a little lower than the angels;
> > you crowned him with glory and honor
> > and put everything under his feet.
> >
> > then i thought about them playing 'All i Need' on that CBS broadcast
> > and my own interpretation of that song...and i praise god that such
> > an intelligent song has been written and that they glorified him
> > on national tv in this day and age.  god has brought this about
> > for them, because they are faithful to their creator.  very cool.
> >
> > ><><><><><
> >     peace ~
> >      zena
> > ><><><><><
>
> Then Dave C. Wrote:
>
> I certainly don't want to burst your bubble about this. In fact, I'm
> really happy for you that you found this so cool (really!). However, I
> would bet that most people watching didn't find that "they glorified him
> on national tv in this day and age." Unless the word "God" or "Jesus" is
> mentioned prominently in a song, I doubt most people would make that
> kind of connection. Therefore, I don't think that "in this day and age"
> really means anything in this case. I doubt that Mark McEwan and/or CBS
> conciously "allowed" a song to be played which "glorifies" God.
>
> Again, I understand and appreciate that fact that you said "my own
> interpretation of that song," so I don't mean to bash that at all. I
> just think that most people watching CBS yesterday only saw a new band
> with a great sound.
>
> dave

Then I wrote:

The fact that she's my wife notwithstanding, I did feel I had to say
something in her defense.

God can be glorified even if no-one recognizes it as such.  Let's say you
feel that OTR writes a song that somehow praises You, Dave Cousineau, in a
somewhat clandestine way that only you recognize.  If they get on national
T.V. and sing that song and you see it, you're glorified on national T.V.
Let's say I'm in on the secret reference praising Dave C.:  when I see them
on national T.V., I see them glorify you.

If God is going to receive any glory "in this day and age," it has to be
able to happen even if a number of people don't recognize it-- because a
number of people don't believe He exists.

I imagine that "in this day and age" refers to the difficulty of
sneaking God-glorifying content into mainstream broadcasting, due to the
general nature of the times and the culture.  And if God is God (and He
is), I have to think He can work through Mark McEwan (sp) and/or CBS
whether they're conscious of it or not.  First lift God up, and then He
will lift you up-- I join in her joy at seeing God lifted this way, on
national T.V.  I think we can all join in wishing OTR success.  They
glorified Him.

Very cool.

jnf

Follow-Ups: References: