Re: found somethin' cool (Christian content & OtR)

Zena Neds-Fox wrote:

> hey i'm reading hebrews right now and i just found this verse...
>
> 2:6 ~
>
> ...What is man that you are mindful of him,
> the son of man that you care for him?
> You made him a little lower than the angels;
> you crowned him with glory and honor
> and put everything under his feet.
>
> then i thought about them playing 'All i Need' on that CBS broadcast
> and my own interpretation of that song...and i praise god that such
> an intelligent song has been written and that they glorified him
> on national tv in this day and age.  god has brought this about
> for them, because they are faithful to their creator.  very cool.
>
> ><><><><><
>     peace ~
>      zena
> ><><><><><

I certainly don't want to burst your bubble about this. In fact, I'm
really happy for you that you found this so cool (really!). However, I
would bet that most people watching didn't find that "they glorified him
on national tv in this day and age." Unless the word "God" or "Jesus" is
mentioned prominently in a song, I doubt most people would make that
kind of connection. Therefore, I don't think that "in this day and age"
really means anything in this case. I doubt that Mark McEwan and/or CBS
conciously "allowed" a song to be played which "glorifies" God.

Again, I understand and appreciate that fact that you said "my own
interpretation of that song," so I don't mean to bash that at all. I
just think that most people watching CBS yesterday only saw a new band
with a great sound.

dave

Follow-Ups: References: