re:SNtR, OtR

>Layne Petersen wrote:
>Ed Shuman wrote re: Sixpence:

>btw, does everyone know that Leigh Nash of SNtR lists OtR as one of
>her
>influences?  I think this is a hopeful thing.  I hope Leigh's voice
>matures.  One of the thing I like about Karin's voice is that she
>actually
>sounds like an adult woman singing.  Too many female singers today
>have
>this little girl quality that makes me nuts.  Leigh makes it work most
>of
>the time, but I hope she finds a more womanly voice for the next
>album.
>Listening to Karin is a good start, I think.

I don't notice a little-girl quality in most of the mainstream female
vocalists, at least, not very much.  I imagine Leigh's voice will improve
with age-- she's still pretty young, isn't she?

One vocalist who does strike me as having a little-girl sound (not
necessarily all the time, though) is Karen Peris of The Innocence
Mission.  It works for her, though.

-ed
___
"I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be
 most efficacious."                       --Baron Munchausen

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]