Re: @@@SNtR, OtR

Neil, I'm on my hotmail account which isn't subbed to the list, and,
therefore, can't post. Could you forward this reply to the list for me?
Pretty Please?

>From: "Neil E. Orts"
>I'm not sure that excuses their self-indulgence on a couple of songs.
>But I still say this is a group to watch.

I do believe they are an incredible band, as well. "Line of My Earth"
(the song you accuse of being overly whiny) beats its breast a bit. But
I'm willing to forgive that for the depth of the sonic texutres. The
backing tracks reduced to mono with that trumpet, leigh's voice and
Matt's guitar in glorious stereo. "Puedo Escribir" is probably one of
the best experimental pop songs ever written. It's such a mish-mash of
musical cultures. Truly Beautiful. I keep telling the people at Squint
it needs to be the next single after "Kiss Me" in the mainstream. I'd
love to see what kind of video they could come up with for that song.

Sixpence and OtR are good friends. Matt has joined them on stage
numberous times to provide cello for "All I Need...", "the Seahorse" and
others. I don't know if Karin is really an influence on Leigh. But
leigh's voice is maturing nicely. She may not have enough lower register
to fully sound "adult." But she doesn't sound like a kid anymore either.

 Sixpence played a show here in Little Rock last night, their first
night of a short tour of markets playing "Kiss Me" in the mainstream.
They played a preppy jock bar called Smitty's and had a good crowd of
new fans and long-timers. I had them sign my Live @ KCRW cd (an
extremely limited live acoustic/interview promo cd -less than 100
copies- released last week by Squint). Look for a full review soon at
RIM: http://www.ricochetmusic.com. And, Zounds! you should see their
bus. They rented it from Wynona (Judd, not Ryder. Though that would be
cool, too), and it is the epitome of luxury. You'd look forward to going
on an extended trip with six people in this thing.

The set list tonight was:
Love, Salvation, and the Fear of Death
Puedo Escribir
Sister, Mother