Re: defence mechanisms (& some OtR content!!)

In a message dated 11/27/98 3:36:25 PM EST, suneidesis at hotmail_com (miss lynzi
godlove) writes:

> tsk tsk tsk...
>
>  my everybody is getting defensive and antsy around here!
>  what is with ya'll?  were you fasting before stuffing with turkey or
>  what?

i think *my* antsiness is indirectly related to that bug movie i saw last
night.

>  on an OtR note:
>
>  I was just admiring the Rockwell Kent woodblocks on the "Patience" cover
>  and it lead to a wondering (because Bio homework holds no interest)  of
>  OtR's selection of Cover and album art:
>
>  TWHF:  sepia toned photograph with silhouettes on cover.
>         illustrated with peculiar photographs strangely
>         parelleling songs.

pretty.

>  Patience:  again, the Sepia tone, this time, illustrated with
>          wonderful woodblock carvings by Mr. Kent.  still, only
>          miniscule portraits of the band (unless Mr. Wolf is really
>          a computer aging of Linford a few decades...)

one of my favourite booklets. those woodblocks are classy.

>  Eve:    Black and White cover...Band portraits on band...same
>           peculier photographs by Mr. Wilson....

...pretty.

>  GDBD:  wow!  a band photograph on the cover of...???

and doggies.

>           I still haven't interpreted whether the white stuff on their
>         faces is whip cream, uh, really garish masks or what?  still,
>         it's sepia toned...

i always thought it was paper mache masks. i'll feel dumb if it isn't.

>  DKOTY:   ooh!  *colour*!

merry christmas.

>  Besides:  I've only been priveledged to inspect this once, but I raised
>  my eyebrows at the art content...

what, you've never seen dancing bears before?

>  my curiousity, is who comes up with the illustrations that so border
>  their lyrics and style?  who comes up with the ideas for the
>  photographs?  and then I wonder why they add random art, like the
>  gorilla on the GDBD cd...(I wonder on all this album's art...)

i dunno, but whoever is doing a mighty fine job. it'd be a shame for something
with such pleasant art inside to look lousy on the surface.

>  these are bored speculations with very little importance or relevance.
>  I just figured, while we were splitting hairs for OtR related things to
>  discuss that didn't border on sexual (I prefer Linford over Jack, but
>  Brian is pretty swell too)

linford, but they're all so married that i've resorted to lusting over
listies.

>  my main goal is to annoy the shit out of you guys and see if I can get
>  you ranting...but that hasn't happened since I brought up charismatics a
>  few months ago...

you're not trying hard enough, but keep up the good work.

love,
sha