Re: Christmas Hopes

"Bruce Lachey" <b_lachey at hotmail_com> sez:
>>>Little Genius prelude
>
>>Did I mention that they played this off the CD in Columbus right
>>before they walked on?
>
>No, but they used to do that a lot.  Like Scott's noting that Besides
>track 1 builds up to something, same with Little Genius.  Maybe it's
>'cos I'm conditioned like Pavlov's puppy.

Besides track 1 (The People Here Are Not Shy) *just about* builds to
orgasm, Brucey.   It's that cool.

>>*yawn*
>
>Yawn all ya want, Prog-Boy.  :)  If you'd've seen the amazing Strawberry
>Fields Forever-esque "Birds" they did at Tiffin post-Ric, you'd wanna
>see it too.

I could see that song going the psychedelic route.   I've never
personally seen it performed live to the point that it really went
anywhere interesting.

>>Is it just me, or does anyone else think 'Tumbleweeds would be a
>>great show-opener?
>
>It's just you.  No, seriously, that might not be bad.  If they were in
>Toledo, Ohio.

Better than the one they've *been* opening with.   'All I Need...' or
something.   You know, the one that starts 'The paint dries..blahblah'

I'd verify that, but I've already listened to GDBD once for the second
half of 1998.   Can't overflow that quota, ya know.

>>Bruce, you're a man of strange segues.   Within Without -> Away In A
>>Manger?  ... Happy To Be So -> Last Night?
>
>They do this all the time.  Many a band does.  There's so much jabbering
>and setup between songs, you don't notice.  Rockin' "Lucy" doesn't segue
>well to Latter Days, for example, but they do it.

I wasn't challenging the *concept* of the slow->rockin' segue, just
your particular choices.

>>>Jacksie
>>
>>Yeah, right, Brucey.   How they gonna swing it?
>
>They played it with the current lineup, with the NKU orchestra.  Kill
>the strings, keep the OtR band, and voila!  You got it.  Dekimashta.

I've seen that movie, too, Seamus.  Without the strings, that version
would fall apart.

>I forgot "Whatever You Say", another happy rollicking new one.

Haven't heard that one for a while.   'I Will Remember' either.
Obviously, 'Moth', 'Anyway', and 'Tumbleweeds' are the winners in the
latest new batch.  According to the band, that is.
--
NP: Karma To Burn - _Karma To Burn_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery