Re: OtR, Monk and U2

Mark_van_Hornsveld at largotim_nl wrote:

> Hello there,

Yo... :)>

> Do any of you heard the U2 best-of album and the b-sides? What do you think
> of it?
> Apart from the "they should have put this song on it instead of that song"
> personal favourites, I thought the NewYearsDay mix quite interesting.
> That's the most obvious differnece between the original album versions and
> this compilation.
>
> I must say I like the original version of The Sweetest Thing (on which
> single did this appear?) far better than the single version that's out now.
> Anyone agree?

*waves hands* Me! Me! I had the 45 with that on it (I can never remember which
of the singles it was, though), and when I heard the new version was a little
disappointed. All in all, I think it's a pretty good comp., but more songs
from _Rattle and Hum_ than _The Joshua Tree_ on a "best of"? I certainly could
have done without one of the _R&H_ songs in exchange for "Gloria" or "One Tree
Hill" or "A Sort of Homecoming". And the b-sides are so cool to have on CD
finally.

>  Waiting for the storm,

Sorry to disappoint, Mark... :)>
Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner
...it meant the world to hold a bruising faith,
but now it's just a matter of grace...           - Smashing Pumpkins