Re: OtR, Monk and U2

Mark_van_Hornsveld at largotim_nl sez:
>Hello there,

<everyone>  Hi, Mark!

>to keep Ysobelle from killing me, I'll start this post with soem OtR
>content:
>
>Has anyone been to the OtR/CJ shows lately and noticed anything new? New
>songs, band members, gossips, etc.?

A bunch of us just went to the OTR/CJ show here in Columbus on
Saturday.   As soon as I wake up, I'll be writing my review.

>The same question about Monk? I haven't heard a lot about  Ric lately...

Ric just emailed out some tour dates, etc.    Here ya go, for those of
you who haven't seen them.

***begin quoted***
* indicates ric solo acoustic show
friday nov 7 -canal st tavern, dayton, oh* 937.431.9343
wed nov 11-bernie's distillery, columbus , oh   614.279.2016 (w/ VOL)
thurs nov 12- xhedos cafe, detroit, mi  248.399.3946 (w/VOL)
friday nov 13 york st cafe, cinicnnati, oh 606.261.9675 (w/VOL)
sat nov 14- eddie's attic, atlanta, ga 404.377.4976
sat nov 20 garden coffeehouse, evanston, il.  847.328.4544
***end quoted***

Note to central Ohio listies - come see Monk with me, Evan and Eric
Schumacher!

>Finally the non-OtR bit (stop reading here, Ysobelle :->  )

Yeah, Ysobelle.   Stop reading, already, will you!   BTW, I finally
discovered *all* of your REAL name, Yzzi.   Tee-hee.

>Do any of you heard the U2 best-of album and the b-sides? What do you think of it?
>Apart from the "they should have put this song on it instead of that song"
>personal favourites, I thought the NewYearsDay mix quite interesting.
>That's the most obvious differnece between the original album versions and
>this compilation.

Are they different mixes?   I haven't bought the album, but I got to
sample it because someone posted it on alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.   I
rather liked the studio version of 'Silver And Gold', which was always
one of my favorite songs on _Rattle And Hum_

--
NP: Pink Floyd - _Ummagumma_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery