lewis'--till we have faces.

I smiled a little and admitted, "I've always been curious if you have
ever read 'Till We have Faces'...because it is truely my favourite
book."

Karin nodded.

we tossed admirations and observations back and forth, briefly.  I am
sad to report that I scarcely heard her thoughts over the crowd, with
her low voice.  as it was, she had to lean into my ear to inform me
another fine read would be anything by Maria Rilkes Rainer.

(yes, fellow English majors.  flame me now...I know I have the order
wrong)

but it made me wonder.  because anytime I have discussed Lewis book,
anyone who has really read it is usually very effected by it.

yes, I know, this is not specifically Over the Rhine related. and
truely, I do sympathise with those who truely enjoy the band and tire of
our bantering and nonsence.  however, there is a quality to this book, I
have noted, that the band shares.  i cannot fully explain it--but it is
such stuff that really makes me believe there is more to man than--
in till we have faces, there is a sort of underlying story that you will
never fully understand.  so, if you can appreciate the band, methink you
can appreciate the book.

if you want to spare the listies of this, e-mail me personally.  this
way, nobody gets bothered, nobody gets flamed...

Lynzi Godlove
Suneidesis at hotmail_com