Re: west palm beach set list, musings, etc.

In a message dated 10/23/98 1:33:05 AM Central Daylight Time,
SheepyFuzz at aol_com writes:

> most of the folks there were cowboy junkies fans, i guess. it seems that
>  lesbians like that band a whole bunch. if i were a lesbian, i think i would
>  still like over the rhine. read into that what you will.

why does being a lesbian have anything to do with tastes in music?
i can see your point that a lot of lesbians may in fact like cowboy junkies.
(ssh!  don't tell anyone, but a lot of lesbians like over the rhine as well.
pay attention at this year's emery show if there is one.  anyone know?) a lot
of lesbians  are at some level concerned with feminist issues and enjoy
supporting female singer or a band that has one, as well as finding someone
that they can relate with.
so i understand that point, but the "if i were a lesbian thing" baffles me...
jan
p.s.  i am a lesbian and i like over the rhine.