Re: In defense of sarah mclachlan

Yeah,I've been meaning to reply to this one for a while...I don't think
Sarah ripped off Over the Rhine at all. Actually I really never drew
much of a similarity. Over the Rhine seems a lot more mature than Sarah
McLachlan's music,not that Sarah's is immature,but it's different. Her
lyrics aren't much like Over the Rhine,either. She uses less big words
and more straightforward tones,even in her ambiguous lyrics. About the
albums though...I don't quite get what everyone sees in "Fumbling
Towards Ecstasy". Don't get me wrong,I love that album, and it lives in
my CD player for weeks at a time,but it seems choppy to me. "Touch" was
my favorite until "Surfacing" came out. That one is definitely my
favorite. Those two seem to be more in the "cohesive though" category.
"Solace" contains my favorite Sarah song "I Will Not Forget You",but
that one really had to grow on me. It's choppy too. But I absolutely
LOVE Sarah! She is wonderful,I am not ashamed of the comparisons thrown
my way ever since I cut my hair! OK I'll shut up now. :)

~jillian~

np: Considering Lily _self titled_

"...and I threw bitter tears at the ocean,but all that came back was the
tide..." - Sarah McLachlan