Re: Karin's voice; Mike Stipe

>What troubles me
>about Mr. Stipe is less who he is, but rather how others in the
>Alternative
>crowd (notice the capital A--meaning, of course, the market
>constructed
>Alternative) hold him as this Rock and Roll Buddha figure. Rolling
>Stone
>ran a picture of Mr. Stipe kneeling before a child, with a similarly
>bald
>Billy Corgan kneeling as well. VERY BIZARRE.

Seriously...what's that Smashing Pumpkins video where Billy Corgan has
that cowboy hat on,looking uncannily like Michael Stipe in "Man On The
Moon"?

>I like the idea of Michael Stipe, but find the enigmatic gentleman
>himself
>a bit annoying. Before his coming out as a bi-sexual, he had been
>romantically linked to Natalie Merchant (there's even a stale rumor
>that
>they were married for a time--doubt that, though)

Natalie Merchant gets romantically linked to people? Wow...that's news.

I personally am a fan of REM..."Radio Free Europe", "Perfect Circle",
"Don't Go Back To Rockville", "Fall On Me"...good stuff! :)

~jillian~

np: ABBA _Dancing Queen_

"How about unabashedly bawling your eyes out?" - Alanis Morissette

"But take your time, think a lot, think of everything you've got.
For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may
not..." - Cat Stevens

\\|//
 /|\  http://listen.to/me_thank_you \\|//
                                     /|\