Re: i have a ? help please

"Larry Guthrie" <larryg23 at hotmail_com> sez:

>I write this letter with two matters that i wish an otr fan would help
>me out with....oh wait i gust conjured up a third.

I tried running this post through the babelfish translator at
altavista, but I couldn't seem to get it back into English.  ;-)

HIBT here?

[...]
>otr fan for about year + 1/2  and have had only 2 of there c.d.'s to
>base my love of the band on, gdbd & tdnoty (one of my ?'s were why does
>no one rate this c.d. tdnoty when they are telling us there favorite otr
>c.d.'s) is this not considered a real c.d. just because it has song for
>a season?

Umm...typically, yes.  Although I consider it an album, unlike
_Besides_  (Take *that*, all of you!  ;-P)

>if you ask me i dont know if there could every be a nother
>album that has such a dark rich instermantation tone to it, talk about a
>totally emotional feel.

Get some of Robert Fripp's ambient albums like _1999_ or _The Gates Of
Paradise_.   Talk about dark, rich, instrumentation...

>Anyway back to my first two ?'s.  I now have
>about 25-30 dollars to my disposal, and otr is coming to town nov.8 with
>cj so i want to buy tickets. but they are 25 to 35 dollars, and i heard
>from you guys that this tour is not their finest showing.

Have you seen OTR live before?  If yes, have you seen them recently?

>And the other option i have is going to boarders and ordering a nother one of there
>c.d's.

*shrug*  I'd go to the show - you can always buy the CDs at a later
date, once you've accumulated a few more $.

>From reading your guyses ratings i take it eve should be my next
>c.d. purchase or should i get the besides or should i get patience or
>should i see them with the cowboy junkies SOME ONE HELP ME!!!!!

First, see them with the Junkies.  Then buy _Eve_, _Patience_, _Till
We Have Faces_ and _Besides_, in that order.

HTH, HAND!

NP:  The Replacements 'Night Club Jitters'
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
Floyd Code: v1.2a r+d>s TW 0/0/ FD 1- 0 Meddle 3 0 29.8% <16oct98>
"Kibology is the sound of a deaf man clapping one
   hand into a tree that's falling in the woods with
     no one around to hear it." - Kevin Allegood