Re: Chris' Response

Mad Dog <u2 at geocities_com> sez:
[...]
>     I read some posts to this list earlier today about them straying
>away from some of their old songs.  I am not out to defend the band, but
>I stand by what decisions they make.  They are out to do what makes they
>think is right.  As Rhinelanders, they should have our support.

And they *do* have our support.   I can be critical, and not withdraw
my support.

>> What did you make of Rick (and for a brief time, Brian) splitting from the
>> band?
>
> Well Matteo, I must say I was upset when I found out Ric and Brian
>left, but they felt that it was for their own good and the good of OTR,
>so I supported them and wished them luck.

I'll second this sentiment.  I was disappointed when I heard, but when
I learned more about the situation, I understood the motives a little
more.   And after my first Monk show....  hooBOY.

>> What do you think of the current line-up? Where do you think they're going
>> now? Or where do you wish they would go?

I think the current lineup needs some stability, and more touring
together to get tight again.   OTR used to be one *tight* band live,
and they've lost some of that through these frequent personnel
changes, which is understandable.

[...]
>is right for them.  Change happens and we have to learn to deal with
>it.  Just because it is not the same band, that doesn't mean I will not
>give them my total support.  Trends change, people change, and fans
>could change.  I am sure that OTR has a reason for the change of
>members.
[...]
>     I hope I haven't hurt anyone's feelings or stepped on anyone's
>toes.  That is not the purpose of this posting.  Just remember, no
>matter what the band does or where they take the changes, we should be
>there for support.  I'm off my soap box now.  Thanks for your time.

<borrows soap box>
I think we *are* all there to support the band.  I frequently am
critical of the band and their music, but it's for the purposes of
discussion, on this discussion list.  That doesn't mean I withdraw my
support or love for the band by any means.  I don't really like GDBD,
but that's just me, ya know?  ;-)  I really *tried* to this last time,
too.

FWIW, I rather liked the new songs like 'Anyway' and 'Moth'.

HTH, HAND.

NP(on mp3): Crystal Method _Vegas_

ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
Floyd Code: v1.2a r+d>s TW 0/0/ FD 1- 0 Meddle 3 0 29.8% <16oct98>
"SHOTGUN QUASI-PERIODIC ISLAMIC MARRIAGE!!!" - Kibo