Chris' Response

Chris,

     I am not a new follower of OTR.  I have been with them for quite
awhile now.  I even worked in the office doing the newsletters,
t-shirts, cd packages and other miscellaneous stuff that people get from
the band.  This post is in response to a numerous of posts that I have
recieved regarding OTR.
     I read some posts to this list earlier today about them straying
away from some of their old songs.  I am not out to defend the band, but
I stand by what decisions they make.  They are out to do what makes they
think is right.  As Rhinelanders, they should have our support.

> What did you make of Rick (and for a brief time, Brian) splitting from the
> band?

 Well Matteo, I must say I was upset when I found out Ric and Brian
left, but they felt that it was for their own good and the good of OTR,
so I supported them and wished them luck.

> What do you think of the current line-up? Where do you think they're going
> now? Or where do you wish they would go?

     I didn't know about the current lineup until tonight.  I moved out
of the Greater Cincinnati Area just before the Emery Show in Dec. of
97.  I have lost touch with them until tonight when I saw them and CJ in
Gainesville, FL, where I now live.  If I was to look at what they were,
I would be disappointed.  They are not the same OTR that I "fell in love
with."  However, I am not disappointed.  They are going where they think
they should go, considering Ric is gone, and I think they will do what
is right for them.  Change happens and we have to learn to deal with
it.  Just because it is not the same band, that doesn't mean I will not
give them my total support.  Trends change, people change, and fans
could change.  I am sure that OTR has a reason for the change of
members.
     For those of you who are considering going to the West Palm show,
you should go.  It will be a great time.  Those of you who left when CJ
went on, you missed OTR on stage along side of them performing.  Karin
and Terri sounded great as backup vocals, and Linford on keyboard.  The
others were out mingling with the crowd and having a good time.
     I hope I haven't hurt anyone's feelings or stepped on anyone's
toes.  That is not the purpose of this posting.  Just remember, no
matter what the band does or where they take the changes, we should be
there for support.  I'm off my soap box now.  Thanks for your time.

Chuck Casson

--
What doesn't kill you will make you stronger!

Please stop by THE POUND at http://members.tripod.com/~Chuckm/MADDOG .
Hope to see you there!

Mad Dog