Re: Nashville OTR

Ted Nunes <ted at duthiemm_com> sez:
>Hey Lindsey,

Who's Lindsey?  ;-)

>I'm a long-time listener; first-time caller (I just hooked up to the
>discussion list),

Welcome to the list, listie.   You can have as much fun as you want,
as long as you don't have more fun than binkmeister.   He hates that.

>This was the first time I'd seen OTR as an opening act since I saw them
>as Adrian Belew's opener eons ago (the first time I ever saw them,
>actually, and the time of my conversion).

You like Adrian?   I bet I could listen to _Young Lions_ or _Lone
Rhino_ every day.   *Twice* a day, even.

>Although I sense there's just something intrinsically changed in the band
>with the change in personnel; it's just not the same when it's not an OTR
>show--and it's just not an OTR show without substantially more of their
>earier material.

Uh-oh.   The problem is that even OTR shows haven't really been OTR
shows for the last year or so.   Slowly, more and more of the early
material has dropped off the setlist.   'Cast Me Away/And It Can Be',
'June', and 'Little Blue River' have all drifted away from the setlist
in that span.

[...]
>CJ, but as I said, whenever I induct someone I start with Eve...

Amen, brother.   That's the way.  _Eve_ hooked my roommate recently.

>If you haven't caught them at any of their Caffe Milano appearences,
>that's a really good place to see any band (a little pricey, but
>smoke-free and they have some good menu items). Maybe we'll catch up with
>you there someday.

Smoke-free?   You mean I can't bring my bong and/or crack pipe?

FWIW, I forced myself to play through all of GDBD on Friday.  I almost
made it, too.   I was halfway through 'Happy To Be So' when I couldn't
take it anymore, and put _Besides_ in instead.   I try and try, but I
don't see what a lot of you get out of this album.   It bores me.

NP: some Peter Gabriel on spinner.com

ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
Floyd Code: v1.2a r+d>s TW 0/0/ FD 1- 0 Meddle 3 0 29.8% <16oct98>
"SHOTGUN QUASI-PERIODIC ISLAMIC MARRIAGE!!!" - Kibo

Follow-Ups: References: