re: Nashville OTR

Hey Lindsey,

I'm a long-time listener; first-time caller (I just hooked up to the
discussion list), and I was at the Nashville show specifically to see
OTR; we left soon after Cowboy Junkies started--I like CJ, but I don't
"like them, like them"...

This was the first time I'd seen OTR as an opening act since I saw them
as Adrian Belew's opener eons ago (the first time I ever saw them,
actually, and the time of my conversion).

Although I sense there's just something intrinsically changed in the band
with the change in personnel; it's just not the same when it's not an OTR
show--and it's just not an OTR show without substantially more of their
earier material.

I also had the sense that my wife and I were surrounded by CJ fans who
were entirely unaware of who OTR were. You'd think that if you were going
to turn anyone on to the band, a likely prospect might be someone into
CJ, but as I said, whenever I induct someone I start with Eve...

If you haven't caught them at any of their Caffe Milano appearences,
that's a really good place to see any band (a little pricey, but
smoke-free and they have some good menu items). Maybe we'll catch up with
you there someday.

Later on;

-Ted