Matteo's comment

Matteo said:

>OTR and the Junkies are a perfect complementary to each other. They both
>delve deeply into North American music stories, both rely on FANTASTIC
>lyrics, both have men that write for women singers, and both bring quality
>and beauty to their art.
>
>In fact, the Junkies have always approached their somewhat mainstream
>careers with integrity, and OTR, given their struggle with record
>companies, etc, could learn from this band.

To be honest, i've only listened to a Cowboy Junkies cd once before the
Poughkeepsie show. if otr is touring with them there must be something
worthwhile there (besides a mainstream bill and tour). however, a live
performance is the equalizer.  otr was so in sync, so sympathetic to each
others vibe that it was hard to find moments where they were just plucking
the strings.   maybe the Junkies are better in studio or they're toured out
or something.  after hearing otr pouring out thier souls so eloquently, it
was hard to listen to flatness.  i don't regret leaving.

>Now I need to see me a fat two hour OTR set...

well said Matt-** Brooke