Re: Matteo's comment

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, brooke zamudio wrote:

> To be honest, i've only listened to a Cowboy Junkies cd once before the
> Poughkeepsie show. if otr is touring with them there must be something
> worthwhile there (besides a mainstream bill and tour). however, a live
> performance is the equalizer.  otr was so in sync, so sympathetic to each
> others vibe that it was hard to find moments where they were just plucking
> the strings.   maybe the Junkies are better in studio or they're toured out
> or something.  after hearing otr pouring out thier souls so eloquently, it
> was hard to listen to flatness.  i don't regret leaving.
>
> well said Matt-** Brooke

One of the beautiful things about OTR and CJ is their ability to work
together on stage.  They visited Calvin College in Grand Rapids, MI a few
weeks ago with OTR opening for CJ.  But when the Junkies played, a few (if
not all) members of OTR joined in on various instruments or vocals.  At
one point, I counted nine people on stage playing acoustic or electric
guitars, bass, percussion, organ, and/or vocals.  It was beautiful because
no one stood out, no one overpowered anyone else.  Separately, both OTR
and CJ are marvelous groups, and together, they work together in ways that
are very difficult to accomplish.  My compliments to the whole lot of
them.

Nick, new to this list