Re: U2 and nostalgia value (absolutely no otr)/ trendy music / rachel's threats

acaudill at interteamsoftware_com wrote:

> >:)>  Your town too, huh? Five Iron Frenzy is from an hour from here, and
> >all the kids here just _looooooove_ them and think they're so cool, and
> >because they're from around here, they have some sort of ownership in
> that.
> >Or something like that. I'm just tired of music with horns, I guess. Ska,
> >swing, whatever. Hepcat and The Israelites, however... They do it right.
>
> no man, ska is everywhere.

Well duh... :)>

> it's here [va] and it's in MD too.  I listen to
> anything really, but I know who I don't like and who i like. I don't really
> like supertones (though I've seen them twice in concert:-), but I really
> like 5fe (i've seen them only once in concert).

I think the Supertones are really great live, but their CDs are really boring.
Five Iron is better, imo.

> For some stupid reason I
> kinda like The Dengeez (sp?) Oh, I keep hearing about a new *swing* band
> called The W's, there good (I've heard like a song or two of theirs). I'm
> not sure if you would called them swing, I'm mean their on the border of
> swing and ska.

They're somewhere in there. I saw a little of their set at Cornerstone.

> Who agree's with me that there is no such thing as Alternative music?
> there's pop (noise-pop, power-pop) and rock (hard rock, softrock, heavy
> metal, punk rock, rockably (sp?)) where's alternative in all that? What is
> Alternative? just something to think about anyway.
>
> <>< Aubrey <><

Eh, I never really thought there was "alternative" music. Not since about '91,
anyway. When the bands in that category are all in the top 10 at the same time
(Nirvana, Pearl Jam and the Red Hot Chili Peppers back 'round then), it kinda
ceases being "alternative". It's all just marketing, anyway.
Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner
...it meant the world to hold a bruising faith,
but now it's just a matter of grace...           - Smashing Pumpkins