Re: U2 and nostalgia value (absolutely no otr)/ trendy music / rachel's threats

>The new swing stuff is mostly punk kids/bands that are hopping on the
>new
>bandwagon like they did with ska two years ago. At least the kids
>here,
>anyway. Royal Crown Revue and the Cherry Poppin' Daddies both I've
>heard
>used to do the punk thing. Ick. If I want swing, I'll go back a few
>years,
>thanks. Just my $.02.

Well,yeah that was my take on it...I always call the "those ska kids".
I mean,when my friends and I were into swing,it was like,the REAL
swing,not a revamped ska/punk band in zoot suits! We were just a bunch
of musical theatre majors at a performing arts school who found a
certain showtune-ish schtick and flamboyance about swing...<sigh>
Anyway,I have no right...my parents weren't even around when swing first
hit...

~jillian~

np: Jars Of Clay (self-titled)

"If you lie on the ground in somebody's arms you'll probably swallow
some of their history..." - Suzanne Vega "In Liverpool"

\\|//
 /|\  http://listen.to/me_thank_you \\|//
                                     /|\