Re: U2 and nostalgia value (absolutely no otr)/ trendy music / rachel's threats

"Jillian Tully" <waytogojane at hotmail_com> sez:
>I mean,when my friends and I were into swing,it was like,the REAL
>swing,not a revamped ska/punk band in zoot suits! We were just a bunch
>of musical theatre majors at a performing arts school who found a
>certain showtune-ish schtick and flamboyance about swing...<sigh>
>Anyway,I have no right...my parents weren't even around when swing first
>hit...

Ok, this has been bugging me for days...

<pedantic mode>
What you guys are talking about isn't *really* swing.   It's *really*
jump blues.   I realize this will not stop anyone from calling it
swing.
</pedantic mode>

--NP: Grateful Dead (live) 11/07/71 @ SF, CA
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
There is no such thing as a personal problem which can not
  be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.