lest they attempt to deceive you...

to the newbies:

beware.  there are many maniacal and perpetual liars on this list, who
shall report inside information on the band known as Over the Rhine...

they will not tell you these tales and facts are actually a result of
indigestion, romanticising, or really bizarre dreams...

and before they try to inform you of otherwise, dear newbies, this is
the truth about why "Good Dog, Bad Dog" is entitled "Good Dog, Bad Dog."

straight from the lips of Karin...

See the two lovely dogs on the cover?  Do you know how well dogs behave,
especially when someone is attempting to immortalise them in film...?

hence, the band's intructions to the creatures, while attempting to get
them into an aesthetically pleasing position...

"good dog...no...no...bad dog..."

and of course, all this was explained to me with wonderful gestures...
especially, Jack, standing over Ms.  Berquist's shoulder...who indicated
her loco by spiraling an index finger in the general direction of his
brain.

Karin even indicated which dog was the good dog (the one on the left)
and which one was the bad dog (the one on the right)...

and then stopped and corrected herself, by stating that they were both
very good dogs.

So.  There you have it.  The truth.

at last.

(okay, so I shall admit that I have heard this online before...but I
needed confirmation from a more *trustworthy* source...you never know
about these internet people...they can basically promulgate anything
they damn well please and who is to stop them from spreading viscious
lies and horrid truths and...)

Lynzi.