Re: GDBD [Actual OTR content inside!]

Dancing on a volcano, barkera at nsk-corp_com said:
>>Eh.   You can't count _Besides_ since it's a compilation/b sides
>>collection.

>See, I disagree.  If 'Besides' was a 'best of' or 'greatest hits' package, sure, you couldn't count it.
>Since it's basicly a compilation of rare and unreleased material, it does count.  Regardless of
>the fact that most of the songs aren't new themselves.

I still say it doesn't count as an album per se.  Don't make me bring
up _With A Twist_.  ;-P

>>I'd rate 'em:
>>Eve
>>Patience
>>TWHF
>>GDBD

>Agreed.  'Cept I'd switch TWHF and GDBD in a close race for third with
>DNOTY a respectable fifth.

I just don't get the urge to listen to DNOTY that much.  I guess I
have to be in the mood.   I used to just pop it in, and skip ahead to
'Coal Train' and 'A Little Lower Than The Angels', then Ric put those
on _Hush_, so I don't have to anymore.

>>With _Patience_ and _Eve_ switching places at the vernal and autumnal equinox(es ?).
>equinoxen?  equinoxi? equinoxs's?      ;-)

Fuck it...who cares.  ;-)

Paul asserted:
>>>It's beautiful and painful and doesn't smell like
>>>rock 'n' roll (which OtR has never successfully pulled off anyway).

I responded:
>>What?   Did you ever see OTR live anytime from late '92-'94?   They
>>just plain RAWKED the house.    I've got tapes to prove it, if you
>>don't believe me.

Aaron put forth:
>I don't believe you.  The various times I've seen OTR, I've never gotten
>that charge of pure energy and exitement like I have at, say, a Todd Rundgren or
>Psychodots show.
>Don't get me wrong, I greatly enjoy the band and all they have to offer,
>just not at that level.

When did you see them?   What I liked best about those OTR shows back
in the day was how they could shift gears in concert.  OTR would
caress your cheek with a velvet glove, and then slap you with it -
that's when you find out it's full of buckshot.

>>Don't tell me OTR could never rock.  I ain't buying it.
>Well, soft-rock, maybe.        ;-)

Don't go there.  ;-)

--NP: Yes  _The Yes Album_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
"Women who seek equality with men lack creativity."
    - Lisa Walker