Re: GDBD

>>I think GDBD is easily OtR's best release ('course, I've only got GDBD,
EVE,
>>PATIENCE, BESIDES, and DNOTY. I wish I had TWHF).  BESIDES is probably my
>>second favorite.
>Eh.   You can't count _Besides_ since it's a compilation/b sides
>collection.
See, I disagree.  If 'Besides' was a 'best of' or 'greatest hits' package,
sure, you couldn't count it.
Since it's basicly a compilation of rare and unreleased material, it does
count.  Regardless of
the fact that most of the songs aren't new themselves.

>I'd rate 'em:
>Eve
>Patience
>TWHF
>GDBD
Agreed.  'Cept I'd switch TWHF and GDBD in a close race for third with
DNOTY a respectable fifth.

>With _Patience_ and _Eve_ switching places at the vernal and autumnal
>equinox(es ?).
equinoxen?  equinoxi? equinoxs's?      ;-)

>>It's beautiful and painful and doesn't smell like
>>rock 'n' roll (which OtR has never successfully pulled off anyway).
>What?   Did you ever see OTR live anytime from late '92-'94?   They
>just plain RAWKED the house.    I've got tapes to prove it, if you
>don't believe me.
I don't believe you.  The various times I've seen OTR, I've never gotten
that charge
of pure energy and exitement like I have at, say, a Todd Rundgren or
Psychodots show.
Don't get me wrong, I greatly enjoy the band and all they have to offer,
just not at that
level.

>Don't tell me OTR could never rock.  I ain't buying it.
Well, soft-rock, maybe.        ;-)

later,
AaronB

np: Son Volt - Straightaways