Re: GDBD

DustyVolume wrote:

> And if I listen real close, I can hear PAUL CHRISTIAN GLENN typing, it
> makes me wonder...[has he lost his mind?]
>
> > It's beautiful and painful and doesn't smell like
> > rock 'n' roll (which OtR has never successfully pulled off anyway).
>
> ROTFLOLAUMP,

Eh?

> I just wanted to say somebody send this boy some
> bootlegs!!  I mean come on--what's your definition of rocking anyway?
> but after reading the coutless posts that have accumulated in my box.  I
> have had an idea:
>
> I believe that the favourite disc topic can easily be divided into two
> catagories.
>
> GDBD probably appeals to the younger fan--say the age group of
> 17-22ish.
> and the others, (eve and thwf particularly) appeal to the older
> fans--say 24-??  GDBD just has that 90's unplugged trendy sound to
> it--seems like something a younger listner would enjoy

Um, _GDBD_ is my favourite (with _Patience_ right on its heels), and I'm
freshly 29 (for a week now).

> somebody please attack me if I'm dead wrong on this--maybe an official
> listee survey would be in order!!
>
> Oh and btw, I really like seeing all these newbies and de-lurkers--kind
> of illuminates things a bit--sometimes it's easy to forget that we
> aren't just a handful of subscribers in an exclusive club.

I agree. I've actually become sort of a lurker as of late, and it's good to
know I'm not alone.

> BAD NOTE... I just checked my finances for the week and realize that I
> will not be able to come the the shindig this weekend...  I really
> wanted to...oh well, maybe there will be an emery show or something
> equivalent this December--maybe a winter ROUNDUP!!!!!!!!!?

Yeah, in Colorado. You all can stay here at the house! 'Course, OtR never
ever ever ever plays out this way, but...np: The Verve - _Urban Hymns_
Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner
...it meant the world to hold a bruising faith,
but now it's just a matter of grace...           - Smashing Pumpkins

Follow-Ups: References: