GDBD

<< I think I may be one of those strange people who really really loves GDBD
but has a very hard time getting into Eve or Patience >>

>I am one of these as well!  Mr. Emery might berate me, but I LOVE gdbd.  We
>should band together in a show of force.  The others be damned!  (or some
>other trite militaristic phrase)

I think GDBD is easily OtR's best release ('course, I've only got GDBD, EVE,
PATIENCE, BESIDES, and DNOTY. I wish I had TWHF).  BESIDES is probably my
second favorite.

Why GDBD?  It seems to be the musical fulfillment of what the lyrics have
been saying all along.  It's beautiful and painful and doesn't smell like
rock 'n' roll (which OtR has never successfully pulled off anyway).  It
feels like solitude at Nick's Cafe on Thursday night, with a dark brew in
one hand and a pencil in the other.  It's intimate and doesn't hold any
pretense.  It's less radio and more secrets.  IMHO. :)

Paul Christian Glenn  |  "Besides being complicated,
cirhsein at top_net      |  reality, in my experience, is
ICQ: #18166400        |  usually odd."  - C.S. Lewis
AIM: cirhsein         |  "...my weakness is my
www.top.net/macnow    |  testimony."  - Charlie Peacock