Re: emery shows

> 24 Mar 94 (a Thursday?  that can't be right):

But it is...

> Prep for Eve show, where they played most of the Eve tunes, plus "Little
> Blue River".  The show also was marked for they played "Don't Cry Blue"
> and "Murder" live for the first time (and last time?) with an audience.
> Great show.  My mom even liked it.

Also notable (ok, not notable, how about completely trivial) is that other
than a couple of radio appearances, this was the only show where they used
the original (and I think better) final verse of "Happy With Myself":

I'm been trying to build you a heaven
Clouds of souls in Mason jars
Angels that dance on pins and needles
Ladder stretching down from the stars

> 16 Dec 95 (Sat): Christmas show.  Made infamous from the well-recorded tape
> that was broadcast on WNKU.  This is where the "Fever" and "Drowning" came
> from on "Besides".  We attended a wedding that night, came to the show to
> hear Drowning from the lobby and hung out with Donna and bought the HDIF
> promo CD single that they were selling at the time.  I do believe that
> Gordon Henderson was the opener for this, Chris gets bonus points.  The NKU
> OtR christmas show for this featured some great stuff; Latter Days live
> (with no piano) and Merry Go Round (a brilliant Henderson song that the band
> guested on and Karin sang backup).

Gordon not only opened, but got to play two more of his songs with the
band in the middle of their set. My most vivid memory of that night was of
the group directly to my right trying not laugh when Gordon sang. WNKU cut
those songs (along with six OtR songs and a Christmas carol) when they
aired it which is a shame, because I thought the Karin/Gordon duet turned
out really well.

Jeff

Follow-Ups: References: