Re: emery shows

Jeff Wisniewski <toast at mcs_net> sez:
>Also notable (ok, not notable, how about completely trivial) is that other
>than a couple of radio appearances, this was the only show where they used
>the original (and I think better) final verse of "Happy With Myself":
>
>I'm been trying to build you a heaven
>Clouds of souls in Mason jars
>Angels that dance on pins and needles
>Ladder stretching down from the stars

Thanks, Jeff.    Is this in a FAQ somewhere?   Do we even *have* a
FAQ?    Wanna write one?  Anyone?

>> 16 Dec 95 (Sat): Christmas show.  Made infamous from the well-recorded tape
[...]
>> Gordon Henderson was the opener for this, Chris gets bonus points.  The NKU
>> OtR christmas show for this featured some great stuff; Latter Days live
>> (with no piano) and Merry Go Round (a brilliant Henderson song that the band
>> guested on and Karin sang backup).

>Gordon not only opened, but got to play two more of his songs with the
>band in the middle of their set. My most vivid memory of that night was of
>the group directly to my right trying not laugh when Gordon sang. WNKU cut
>those songs (along with six OtR songs and a Christmas carol) when they
>aired it which is a shame, because I thought the Karin/Gordon duet turned
>out really well.

I dunno, man.   Just about every time seņor Henderson sings, I get
that semi-queasy not-so-fresh feeling right down inside.   He's a
decent songwriter and guitarist, but a singer he's not.

--NP: Seal - _Seal_ (1990)
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
Women like silent men, they think they're listening.

Follow-Ups: References: