Re: Karin's Hot! (was Re: My view....)

> >> You make it sound like a *bad* thing.   ;-P
> >
> >It is.  I've been there.
>
> It's a *joke*

I know, but I didn't really find it in great taste.

> >> Wanna know something funny?   I was raised to be both.   Check me out now.
> >
> >What else did you think you would become when you rebeled?
>
> What makes you think I've rebelled?

Well, I figured if you were raised one way, and now you believe something
different, there must have a been a turn somewhere.  Not to say that it
was some sort of violent confrentation or anything.  It doesn't really
matter anyway.

> >> There's a funny thread right now in alt.music.yes about Carman.
> >> Apparently, Steve Sullivan, a 37 year old long-term proghead and
> >> outspoken atheist, happened to catch one of Carman's "performance
> >> video things" on the tube, and was quite perplexed.
> >
> >why was he perplexed?
>
> Well, Carman *is* a little odd, you have to admit.   It's almost
> performance art, in a way.

True.  I've seen some of his videos.  Weird, man.

> >> Not all christian music that's labeled as such is as bad as the other
> >> 90%.   ;-)   I'll take an old Petra record, or MWS _The Big Picture_
> >> (featuring Tony Levin on bass/stick - woohoo!) anyday.
> >
> >My goodness, yes.  I still have an old Petra tape around somewhere.  It
> >was the first tape that i ever bought on my own, and I chose it because it
> >had a big spaceship type thing on the cover breaking through a brick wall.
> >Anybody know the album title?  I can't find it now.
>
> _More Power To Ya_?   That's one of the great ones!

that's it.  i loved that album.  I played it to death.  My mom probably
found it and got rid of it.

> >> Interestingly enough, I had never even heard of (nor had it occurred
> >> to me) any religious connection with OTR and their music until Snoop
> >> Dug ruffled some chica's feathers last summer when she said she was
> >> "on fire for god" or some such.   Good ol' Duggy made the obvious
> >> "stop, drop and roll" joke, and list life was a whirlwind of
> >> excitement for a while.
> >
> >Hmmm...Even as a I Christian, I think those who are "on fire for god" need
> >to be very careful.  They tend to turn people away with their heat and
> >passion, rather than draw them in with the light that tey carry.
>
> Agreed.  Especially for those who have already seen some of the good
> *and* bad that organized religion has to offer.

Yup.  i agree with you there.  A lot of religious groups have gotten away
from what their purpose really is.

steve

Follow-Ups: References: