Re: Karin's Hot! (was Re: My view....)

Cygnet <sswans83 at calvin_edu> waited lifetimes, said this to you:

>> It's a *joke*
>
>I know, but I didn't really find it in great taste.

*shrug*  I tossed it out there, for better or worse.   Apologies if it
bothered you.

Everything is subject to humor.   I firmly believe that.

>> >What else did you think you would become when you rebeled?
>>
>> What makes you think I've rebelled?
>
>Well, I figured if you were raised one way, and now you believe something
>different, there must have a been a turn somewhere.  Not to say that it
>was some sort of violent confrentation or anything.  It doesn't really
>matter anyway.

I haven't really mentioned *my* personal beliefs in this public forum.
I've been too busy playing devil's advocate.

"...Not all who wander are lost..."

>> >why was he perplexed?
>>
>> Well, Carman *is* a little odd, you have to admit.   It's almost
>> performance art, in a way.
>
>True.  I've seen some of his videos.  Weird, man.

He's really big on over-the-top visual imagery.

>> _More Power To Ya_?   That's one of the great ones!
>
>that's it.  i loved that album.  I played it to death.  My mom probably
>found it and got rid of it.

Yeah...I have many fond memories of that one.   'Judas Kiss' and 'Road
To Zion' are still favorite songs to this day.   JK is the song that
first put the idea of playing guitar in my head.

>> >Hmmm...Even as a I Christian, I think those who are "on fire for god" need
>> >to be very careful.  They tend to turn people away with their heat and
>> >passion, rather than draw them in with the light that tey carry.
>>
>> Agreed.  Especially for those who have already seen some of the good
>> *and* bad that organized religion has to offer.
>
>Yup.  i agree with you there.  A lot of religious groups have gotten away
>from what their purpose really is.

A lot of all kinds of groups have gotten away from their real purpose.
Look at congress.

--NP: U2 - _War_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
"How can anybody be enlightened?