RE: list abuse/linford sighting(& REAL OTR CONTENT!!!!)

> >I asked him
> >about when they would have some new material to release and he looked
> >up.  I could see he wasn't pleased by the question...not pleased at
> >all.
>
> i'm beginning to pity poor linford because of this.  i mean, how many
> times a day does he hear this question?

It seems to me that they do have a bunch of new material. In fact, didn't
they just spend some time in the studio recording it? The thing is, they're
about to embark upon a nationwide tour for the whole summer (and into the
fall, right?). This is *not* the time to start work on a new album. I'm sure
they want to be able to spend as much time as they need to perfect the
album.

Also, I'm sure some of the new stuff will grow and mature during the tour.
They may even completely re-write something that they find doesn't work
right. I'd much rather see them take advantage of the self-marketing
opportunity that this tour provides -- I'll gladly wait for a
well-put-together album. I don't want to hear another album in the style of
GDBD. And let me clarify that statement in that I love the songs on GDBD,
but it was released before the songs were in their final state. Can you
really compare the recorded "Seahorse" to the current live version? And I
would say that about almost every song on there. I'd much rather have a
recording of the current, "grown-up" versions.

> there
> is something differently beautiful and astonishing with each new release.
>  TWHF is different from Patience which is different from Eve which is
> majorly different from GDBD.... etc. etc. etc. whatever.  i would
> probably become bored with otr if every album had remained the same as
> the one before it,

Sounds like our old progressive discussion...

dave