Re: off topic discussions (used to be politicking)

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Paul Soupiset wrote:

> Well-put Christina. Some of us more frequent posters don't even get
> acknowledged by many of the more vocal members (it keeps us sensitive
> types wondering, "did I do something to offend them a long time ago, or
> are they just ignoring me?") It does take time to make connexions and
> there are many

o,

and, it's not that people get ignored as much as

it's not something someone can comment on (a feeling of 'uh huh' is hard
to convey sometimes)

not everyone gets replied to in a conversation.

it's the dynamic way that things work.

that is all.

is anyone else feeling cranky?

i think i am.

a non haiku moment from rhys:

Winter:

they say she knows the North Wind,
he comes to stay in the winter,
restlessly flinging himself
from door to door to door
drawing icicle roses on her windows
echoes of greener lands.

while she,  dreaming of planting,
washes placidly around his roses.

both waiting for spring to chance by
with promises of greener lands
and new things to see

Spring:

he is roaring off,
sweeping up behind him
the detritus of one more winter
eked out of the stillness

she'd go with him.
riding on his back
if she could find the fingerholds
arms raised high,
'take me with you'
she cried.

but her hands
chapped and tired
fall slowly to her sides
as he paints one more aurora
across the windowsill

--
Travel is a tonic for the soul. Siren Song