Re: [OTR] semantics again

Dan said:
> I in no way implied that "defense" equals "kill."  You can
> use a gun to defend yourself without killing someone.  I'm
> on your side, agreed on all points.
>
> Additionally, I want to make it clear that my original
> post stated that the use of a gun would not be the *BEST*
> option.
>
> Just wanted to clear that up...

Oh, I was more responding in general than picking apart your comments, Dan.

Re: 'defense': IMO, if the average citizen, with average marksmanship
skills, fires a gun successfully in self-defense, it seems likely that
death is a damned good possibility; enough so that yes, it should be
assumed that defense here *will* equal killing.

Yes, we're on the same side; we agree.  :)

And I'm assuming we're only talking about single-shot handguns or rifles...
Anita