Re: [OTR] [OTR] don't open attachments, just delete (Re: hello)

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, kevin j hopp wrote:
> In the past two days I've got 6 mailer-daemon's for mail I haven't sent.
> All with attachments. None on this address though--

>  all at my one other email which is heavily filtered. I think I've
> received like 3-4 spams in the year I've had it set up and now....whamo!
> 99% of what I use that one for is family and business.
>
>  Now I just got a fictitious email alert from from my bank

poor kev.

> Who the heck are all these butt monkeys?

i dunno, but i think we're all lining up to try for the bounty!

> You can't get a virus by just opening an email can you? You have to
> actually open the attachment within right?

no, you can't - usually. not to be scary, there are some javascript
taggings that work when you open a message.  however MOST of the virii
that i know of you have to open the attachment.

don't view the attachment, delete it.

you sound like a savvy fella, i bet you already did. usually these stupid
virii have a cmd file that runs and take advantage of your operating
system

so anyway

chilly here

rhys