Re: Re: RE: archives

On 1/12/04 12:27 PM, quoth the effervescent dustyvolume@yahoo.com at
dustyvolume@yahoo.com:

I'm in a bad mood: could those of you who like the forums stop sniping at
those of us who don't? I'm not a luddite, I'm not lazy, I'm not
ridiculously nostalgic. The only thing all of us have in common here is
that we like Over the Rhine. After that, it's a free-for-all: you like
what you like, I'll like what I like, Like, dig?

I love opening my box and finding threads from familir names and even
not-so-familiar. I have everything filtered to a special box just for
Rhinelanders. I do have another message board I read religiously, and I
have no problems navigating it, so it's not confusion on my part, beyond
the fact that the "new post" graphics on the Forums never seem to work
properly for me. (And yes, many bands do still go with a Listserv rather
than a forum.) But somehow, the conversational, personal feel of this
list has always seemed far more like the way the band functions:
intimate, direct, coming to me out of the blue. I don't particularly like
having to go to a forum and click through a dozen different areas to make
sure I haven't missed anything. With the list, it's all right here, and I
know nothing's escaped. I know I've been exposed to stuff I wouldn't
normally read about because I read every email that comes athwart my bow.
It's been enlightening. Sometimes enraging, sometimes utterly baffling,
but usually quite a good bit of fun. Yes, even the haikus.

Hell, especially the haikus.