Re: [OTR] RE: Fetch Me the Pongmaster!

I guess I'll weigh in on this too, since I haven't yammered enough lately:

I am another who will wave sadly goodbye if the list disintegrates: I
don't find forums practical enough to participate regularly.

Drew said:
>>Forums are modern, fast, and feature-rich as compared to email lists.
>>They're actually better suited to the types of conversations that this
>>list generates. I'm a little bit surprised that there is so much
>>resistance to the idea of a forum.

Forums are only faster if you have a high-bandwidth connection.

For those of us still too apathetic or poor to upgrade our connections,
forums are like any other high-content web page: slow and painful compared
to something delivered to email...

I KNOW I'm going to be checking email anyway, so two birds, one stone.

As for "so much resistance"... I don't know about that.  The Forums, as I
understand it, are not unsuccessful.

But I think here, now, you're talking to the Listees who have NOT moved:
everyone who's interested in the Forum is probably there already.

I suspect those of us commenting here and now are those of us who are
still quite happy enough, I think, with the community that remains here:
not likely to move now, and slightly irritated that someone should
dismantle the community that remains from around us.

I'm not anti-Forum, I'm just pro-List.

;)
A.