Smokey...was something else

From: Rick Callender <binkmeisterrick@yahoo.com>

i have to say that i was disappointed that *smokey*
the new guitarist wasn't there since all i've heard
are stories about his playing

I wasn't at the show (I was instead at a very bad production of 'The Homecoming') but I have to say I'm happy to hear Smokey is gone. He's an accomplished guitarists (I still wonder how much of it is all special effects and gadgets) but I can tell he was not gonna work. Did anyone else think he had WAY too much of a wanna-be-a-rock-star vibe about him? I was particularly put out with him at Uncle Pleasant's here in Louisville (which ranks nonetheless as one of my top 3 Otr shows). It was a no smoking show and the darned kid was on stage smoking! Bad enough, but even worse when I'm on the front row sucking it down my pristine little pipes! Then Karin marveled at the fact that the band (meaning her and Linford) requested no smoking and yet is was their guitarist smoking. And then he lit up another one! How presumptous is that?!? Anyway...he's good, but there are plenty of guys and gals who are just as good with more "OtR-ish" attitudes.

just a thought...

Kelvin

Do I contradict myself?
Very well, I contradict myself.