Re: Guitar Gods and Other Dreams

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 Ysobelle@aol.com wrote:

> We just walked in ourselves from the Rock Bottom-- Anita, bink and Beth,
> and I-- and it's time to try to sleep before Inn The Woods tomorrow
> morning. We certainly are food-oriented, aren't we?

you guys are nuts.

and where were you at breakfast? your Very Sad Look as i told you we
wouldn't come to the brunch convinced us to come after all.

it was yummy, but somehow i think people's breakfasts got mixed up.

goetta - yea i'd eat it (:

potato crisp? ate it. but dave and i polished ours off really fast,
thinking confused thoughts of 'where's the bacon?', how come a large
portion is smaller than the half portions?'

but everyone shared, and no one went hungry. (:

> Yes, tonight was utterly fabulous, though a serious damper for me was
> the trio of chimpanzees directly behind me who, with voices like
> breaking glass, talked all through Susan Enan's lovely, spare set, and
> all through Pedro the Lion (whom I liked mildly until the last song and
> his parting political commentary, which, screaming liberal that I am, I
> loved) and began to talk all through the first few songs of OtR, until
> Anita finally turned in her best mommy face and shh'd them-- FAR more
> politely than I would have done. Said trio gave her ugly looks, and one
> snapped, "Well, stop flipping your hair!" which I can only assume was
> directed to me. Their logic was obviously as sub-par as their manners.

i thought the hair was fabulous ! it encourages me to stick through this
wild hair phase and move on to the long-hair phase.... right now, i have a
'curl' that dips down, then straight up, then curls a little more
normally...

the snippy girls, silly, of course.

the only damper for me was: no leg room. and i was so sleepy, i slept
through Pedro the Lion, and i wish it would've lasted longer (the sleep
time). o, and i had a broken spring in my seat.

plus:

sitting with b, B, Anita and Yz. (wonderful hat and wonderufl smile,
anita) (loved the kilt) the velvet shirt and corset - wow -

> I feel better now.
>
> Oh, what a lovely evening. I finally got to put faces with names: Eric,
> Zayne, Kylie, Johnny,

yea it was good to meet all these people too (: mostly as i pictured them
internally.

> and-- finally!-- Rhys! amongst others.

yea, i was there. your enthusiasm was nice and helped me overcome
somewhat, my shyness (:  your sparkly was fun, but fell off too soon - i
liked feeling exotic. it's not everyday you get to be that.

rhys

--
The light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming dragon.