teetotal (RE: Jeff i_ (oTr content == 0)

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Vogel, Andrew (vogelap) wrote:

> > -----Original Message----- again, i think hat moderation is a friendly
> > kind of word to bandy about, but hard to apply in many cases - which
> > is why we have teetotalers of all kinds.
> >
> I disagree. I would consider myself to be 'moderate' in the "take things
> in moderation' definition, and I don't find it difficult at all. Of
> course, I'm not a TRUE 'moderate' either; there are certain things that
> I do far beyond the level of 'moderation'... Like disagreeing with
> Bruce.

no, see

what i mean is - you see many people who completely avoid alcohol.
caffeine, sugar, meat, vegetables. leisurely activities, work people hwo
watch tons of TV. people who watch none. people who plays video games all
the time, those who neve rplay. those whoe read, those who don't. etc

our lives are filled with the *desire* to be moderate, and often we can
foo lourselves into thinking we *are*, but there are (in most cases) more
areas of extreme in the average person.

except for the The Drew (tm), of course, who is the perfect model of
balance.

i only e know that i crave it, and that i don't often have it. i mean, i
sit in front ofa computer all day long doing virtual stuff. how is that
balance?

i try to see the other side of what people say, and not react extremely.
that's maybe the only way i am not exmtreme.

rhys
--
The light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming dragon.