Re: northernlights

On 11/1/03 1:59 PM, quoth the effervescent stationwagon@watchtan.com at
stationwagon@watchtan.com:

>http://science.nasa.gov/spaceweather/aurora/images2003/17oct03/Haug1.jpg

My G-d!

The Blond spent many years living in Iceland. I know he has seen the
Northern Lights; I, sorrowfully, have not. I think I'm going to put the
sighting of them on the list of things than I not only wish to do, but
absolutely will do. When is the best time? And where? I should clarify--
where in the U.S. that a girl could get to in her Honda? I'm in
Philadelphia, and the only lights I see here are from the neighbouring
airport. Not very romantic at all, alas.

Do they sing, the Lights? Or do they merely speak to you?