RE: praise? c'mon.

Ysobelle wrote:
> On 10/28/03 3:29 PM, quoth the effervescent Otrcincyfan@aol.com at
> Otrcincyfan@aol.com:
>

> >But save the praise and courage b.s. They're human like all the
> rest of us.
>

> So we shouldn't wish them the best?
>
> In other words, for many of us, the band isn't just entertainment...
they're more than
> distant acquaintances or "just a band." And when my friends say, "Hey,
> we're having some problems, and we need to go home and take some time out
> to deal with them," I say, "Go, be well, and best of luck." And when this
> needing to take time off coincides with the release of a major work,
> critical success and a rising tide of public awareness, I think it's
> pretty well justified to call such a move courageous. And yes, very human.

Right on!  And to me, it's a particularly courageous thing in light of a
culture where far too many couples either say "screw it" and throw in the
towel or just try their best to endure without finding real solutions to
their problems.

Yeah, they're human; of course, we all are.  But part of being human is to
want those who matter to you to be well and to work through their problems.

> Maybe I'm just not quite as cynical as some.

Thankfully so.  We need to rally around Linford & Karin with our thoughts
and prayers.  It may be all most of us can do, but it's a lot.

Chris