Re: praise? c'mon.

On 10/28/03 3:29 PM, quoth the effervescent Otrcincyfan@aol.com at
Otrcincyfan@aol.com:

>But save the praise and courage b.s. They're human like all the rest of us.

So we shouldn't wish them the best?

I think it's a privelige to not only go to their shows and have a great
time, but be able to say afterwards to Linford, "Damn, man, I think that
was the best show of yours I've yet seen!" or to give Karin a hug despite
her excessive sweatiness. (Sorry, Karin, I'm just huggy like that.)

In other words, for many of us, the band isn't just entertainment. They
may not be come-over-for-coffee best-buddies, but they're more than
distant acquaintances or "just a band." And when my friends say, "Hey,
we're having some problems, and we need to go home and take some time out
to deal with them," I say, "Go, be well, and best of luck." And when this
needing to take time off coincides with the release of a major work,
critical success and a rising tide of public awareness, I think it's
pretty well justified to call such a move courageous. And yes, very human.

Maybe I'm just not quite as cynical as some.