RE: Important news....

From: David Dean Subject: RE: Important news....

While I appreciate Linford's candor with us listees, I'd like to make a few points:

1) Even though all of our thoughts are with them, I'm sure bemoaning lost opportunities to see them isn't much help. They know its disappointing....let's not make it more difficult by talking about the "what ifs."

2) While everyone assumes this is about their marriage, Linford noted its about "for personal and family reasons." Marriages include more than just spouses. Let's pray for health, strength, and wisdom for Karin & Linford and their families and not speculate on what may or may not be the reasoning behind the decision.

3) Linford wrote, "we're not willing to sacrifice our relationship and marriage on the altar of a career" and neither should we. As far as I'm am concerned the matter is private and needs no explanation. We are privileged to get a glimpse of these extraordinary people through their music and their performances. When they draw the curtain, we should respect that and not discuss it. When the appropriate time comes, this list will respond beautifully with warmth, grace, and love for them.

4) Finally, my prayers are with Karin and Linford, their families and all those with OtR. I don't have to have the words to ask for intercession on their behalf.

Sláinte, David

While I appreciate (and share) David's concern for Karin and Linford's welfare and privacy, let's not say what other listees should and should not do.

From: Otrcincyfan@aol.com Subject: praise? c'mon.

I'm a big OTR fan who has been a lurker for a long time on this digest. I
have to chime in on this one. Could it just possibly be that Linford and Karen
simply couldn't stomach going out on stage together? Is that not a real
possibility?

Everybody is heaping praise upon them for this tough decision to put their
marriage before their music career. Maybe it's the ONLY choice they could make.
Give the kudos a break.

That having been said, I do wish them the best. It has to be extremely
difficult to work and live alongside each other 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
But save the praise and courage b.s. They're human like all the rest of us.

Jenn

Plenty of performing couples whose relationships had run into trouble feigned happiness on stage for the sake of their careers. Seems to me that going out and faking it is less difficult and admirable than halting an important tour mid-stream to work on your relationship. And if they truly felt they couldn't go on stage together as you suggest, that says something about their artistic integrity.

But yes, they are just exceptionally talented and generous humans who put their pants on one leg at a time. I wouldn't mind watching Karin do that some time, actually...

Keith from NY
(also wishing them the best)