RE: Forum for OTR stuff?

Being one who generally prefers email listervs to message boards, I haven't taken too long a look at Drew's boards. But if the conversation is gradually drifting that way, I suppose I'll have to.

Some long-time friends/fans of Evanescence set up a message board group and registered a domain (www.evboard.com) which the band endorsed over its label sponsored "O-boards" and even posts to (usually under pseudonyms, but then aren't all identities on the interweb pseudonyms?) rather frequently.

What's to say Drew, the band, or anyone else couldn't independently or in collaboration register www.otrboard.com, for instance, and point the message fori in that direction?

"l. harnish" <indigoebony@yahoo.com> wrote:
Wow--

way to go, Drew! I like the message board forum you've set up--really
interesting, fun sections there. you've obviously spent far more time than
is healthy.

Word to the ignorant--Drew Vogel is the next best thing to a
band-generated Message Board. Drew has valiently hosted the listie page
for years and used his website to organize and distribute the OtR tribute
CD--"What It Takes to Please You." The band is well aware of Drew's
efforts and support, I think.

It would be nice to have the Board be on their official web page, simply
because I think a wider fan base would make use of it. But if the
Detweiler's were responsible for it in any way, don't think nothin' would
ever come of it. They've still been "chasing" it on their web page for
what? three years now?

Something about the Message Board format appeals to me.! I've avoided this
Digest--it seems cumbersome and intrusive somehow. And, if someone said
something interesting ten months ago that I want to add my two cents to,
I'd be "off-topic."

but...this means I'll need to become a member of DrewVogel.com--that's
like, dude, being assimilated by the HiveMind!

LH

ps: to those who would care--T. Woode rises and lives again! I feel a
little guilty passing a fictious character for my uncle--I had to write an
essay about someone who "shaped and changed my life." my professor's
response: "What a character he is! I'd really like to meet him someday!" I
would too, Mrs. Mayer. I would too.